Friday 25 October 2013

The next chapter begins.

The last blog entry from myself was the closing ceremony of the 2010 Winter Paralympics. I realised that the journey was complete and therefore the blog should stop. I now have a new goal, racing motorcycles against able-bodied racers. There has already been a great deal of progress, so we're starting from a different beginning....or are we? In 2003 I began the blog from hospital after being paralysed. I was a broken man and there was much ahead of me. I start this blog again as a broken man, again it's the result of a motorcycle accident, but this time I was racing at Assen and shattered both legs (right femur and left fib/tib), broke the bones in my left foot, my pelvis and left knee plateau. It was a miracle I survived, just like last time. The recovery time is expected to be between 9mths and a year, which I can understand due to the severity of the the breaks. So, looking ahead. I am aiming to recover, get back to racing and return to Assen to finish the race that nearly took my life. We have lots to do, much to catch up on and adventures to have. I hope you enjoy the journey, I know there will be ups and downs and we will learn from all experiences. Thank you. Talan

No comments:

Post a Comment